27/7/10

Dylan

“Let me introduce myself: my name is Mog Edwards. Not Mog short for Michael, Mickey or Margaret for that matter. Just Mog. (My mother liked cats). And my father had a sense of humour. Some of you may know me from the works of my friend Dylan. He was a poet and a lover, and we met many years ago in my home-village. He visited one day and forgot to get back on the bus. Having decided that he was going to stay he came to my shop in ...order to buy some clothing, as he hadn’t brought a case with him. And believe me, it was not a moment too soon. He was dressed in a bottle-green cricket shirt, and he looked for all the world like an unmade bed. We discussed his sartorial requirements and financial situation and quickly came to the conclusion that I would dress him, and he would pay me by giving me poems. An odd arrangement I know, but at the time I was emotionally delicate. And verbally inadequate. He maintained that I could do further justice to his words than he…”
The Dylan Thomas Centre’s programme of Saturday summer lunchtime theatre performances continues with Throw Away Your Bedsocks on Saturday, 31 July at 1pm. Who is the best interpreter of poetry? The poet or the reader? Should poetry be read or heard? Using Dylan Thomas’ poems as a base, Adrian Metcalfe, most recently seen as Daniel Jones in the acclaimed production, Warmley, asks the question: is it better to be Mog Edwards than Eli Jenkins?
contact the Dylan Thomas Centre on 01792 463980 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              01792 463980      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01792 463980 end_of_the_skype_highlighting for more information and tickets. Dylan Thomas Centre on 44 1792 463980

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario