20/2/10

Gwerinllywodraeth

Surprising how much pleasure can be derived from the use of a single word. I remember a phase of playing a rather silly game in the National Assembly about who could meld a selected, obscure word into a speech . . . I was quite good at it. Well, my latest little challenge is to search through my Welsh Dictionary before a media appearance, select a new word, and try to bring it into my contribution. Last night's personal 'word challenge' before appearing on Pawb a'i Farn on S4/C was 'Gwerinllywodraeth'. What a beautiful word it is. It means 'Republic'. Its almost as good a word as 'Hyrwyddo' which means 'Promote', or 'Arallgyfeirio' which means 'Diversify' - words that you can really wrap your tongue around. [ Diolch yn fawr, Glyn ]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario